This post shows what I came up with.
For most of these photos, I also took a photo of the MFA description plaque, which is shown below, with the associated artwork.
For most of these photos, I also took a photo of the MFA description plaque, which is shown below, with the associated artwork.
- an animal you've never seen before, find out what it is
![]() |
| Oryx |
- an animal you've never taken a picture of before
![]() |
| Baboon |
- a plant you don't know, find out what it is
While I did realize this was a plant, I hadn't realized these were cabbages until I read the plaque
![]() |
| Cabbages |
- something from the last three centuries (one each)
1768:
![]() |
| Paul Revere |
circa 1893:
![]() |
| Parakeets and Gold Fish Bowl |
- something you'd like to try to do, never done before (then try to find it to do it within the next year)
sail in a big ship?!
![]() |
| Gloucester Mackerel Fleet at Sunset |
- food you have never eaten (then try to find it to eat it within the next month, year max)
Slight cheat on this one: After not seeing any works of art containing food I'd never eaten, took this shot of our post MFA visit meal at HoneyGrow. Even with this, I've eaten pomegranate seeds before, just never on a stir fry:)
Since this is a photo of an object "in the real world", not a photo of a photo in a dark environment, it's considerably more vibrant than most of the rest of the photos in this post, and is therefore one of my favorites in the bunch.
![]() |
| Pomegranate Seeds on Top of Stir Fry at HoneyGrow |
- something made of metal
![]() |
| Paul Revere Teapot |
(No plaque description photographed, but see Copley/Revere description above.)
- something made of rock
![]() |
| Female Statue - Ancient Nubia |
No details recorded for this piece.
- something you'd like to try to make/build (then try to build it within the next year)
![]() |
| Chessboard furniture |
No details recorded for this piece.
Will I ever really make something like this? Probably not, though I did make a wooden chessboard in high school which I still have. Perhaps I can make some other, less complex, type of furniture...?
- someone who looks the most like you, tell us in what ways they look like you
![]() |
| "Your Dog" by Yoshitomo Nara (2003) |
A bit of a cheat here as well: this "looks like me" because it has reflections of me and Deb. In fact, it has at least five reflections of us. Since five is impressive, I've decided this offsets the cheat:)
This is an extremely large (over 600 pounds) very shiny piece of fiberglass art. Here's another view from above with someone in the background for scale:
- Something that's ironic
![]() |
| Museum Epiphany III |
To "get" this you need to see it in the context of the room in which it hangs. The image depicts the very same room.
- someone who looks the most unlike you, tell us in what ways they look different from you, five ways different
Details not captured. Part of ancient Nubia exhibit.
Five ways different: No hair, no glasses, more muscular, different clothes, no feet
- a large thing in whole, and a favorite detail of it up close
![]() |
| "Untitled (2019)" by Katharina Grosse; also "Mural" by Jackson Pollock in background |
![]() |
| Alternate view of Katharina Grosse work |
![]() |
| Favorite Detail of Katherina Grosse work |
- a non-traditional way to depict time
![]() |
| Deer's Skull |
Or, second alternative:
![]() |
| Blue Niagara |
- an inspiring photo
![]() |
| Bugle Blowing |
Details not recorded.
- something that looks unreal (supernatural?), or the way you take the picture makes it looks that way
Option 1:
![]() |
| Untitled #468 (2015), by Hellen van Meene |
Option 2:
![]() |
| Dali Atomicus |
- something that represents love in a non-traditional way
![]() |
| Fire Hydrant Spray |
No details recorded.
- something Wolf would like
Three options.
Option 1:
![]() |
| So the man gave him a pair of snow-shoes |
Option 2:
![]() |
| Unborn Selves of the Invisible Pleasure Plane (close up of portion of installation) |
Option 3:
![]() |
| "Corpse of Man" by Hyman Bloom |
Deb took a picture of me photographing the painting above:
Contrary to the above piece - which I did not like, here is another work by Hyman Bloom that I did like:
![]() |
| The Stone (1947), Oil on Canvas, by Hyman Bloom |
- something that reminds you of your parents
My mom made a replica of this Homer work. It was hung over our living room fireplace during all my years living at home from 6 months old through age 18. It always makes me tear up a bit when I see it because it is so powerfully embedded in my life experience.
![]() |
| The Fog Warning |
- something you won't forget from today
![]() |
| Butterfly Boy |
- a selfie with Deb and Myrna in front of something Myrna likes
Here is the piece Myrna liked. She liked it because it was "closest to a domestic worker".
![]() |
| Baseball Umpire |
- a photo you like
This next photo really brought me back to my earliest visits as a young child to New York with my parents when I actually ate at "Horn & Hardart", a place just like in the photo.
![]() |
| Automat |
A few more photos we liked/created are shown below.
Here's a Deb & Phil selfie in front of a work that Deb really liked:
![]() |
| Selfie in Front of Spider Web Woman |
![]() |
| Detail of Spider Web Woman Artwork |
Info not available.
And finally, here's an interesting piece we saw, with two views shown.
![]() |
| Looking Into the Darkness |
![]() |
| Looking Into the Darkness, alternate view |
Here is a video Deb took with her cell phone. Hmmm, do you notice any non-humans in there?! We saw these only after reviewing the stills and video.

























































No comments:
Post a Comment